Savera UK has provided training and educational presentations to organisations across the UK to ensure that they understand harmful practices – and how to prevent them.
Our training covers topics that include but are not limited to:
- ‘Honour’-based abuse and violence
- Forced and child marriage
- Female genital mutilation
- Other harmful practices and cultural issues
- Cultural safeguarding
- Referral pathways
- Developing policies
Our training ranges from short presentations to full-day sessions and is tailored to the individual requirements of the commissioning organisation.
Who we work with
We have designed and delivered training for an extensive range of organisations across the UK. These include charitable organisations, schools, community and youth groups, statutory organisations, local authorities, safeguarding board and health organisations.
How to commission training
If your organisation would like to learn more about harmful practices, how to prevent them and how to speak out against them, get in touch. One of our team will contact you to discuss your requirements, what you want to get out of training and we will provide a bespoke recommendation and related costs.
What you will get out of training
Our training aims to raise awareness, educate and provide practical advice on identifying and preventing harmful practices and supporting those at risk.
Our training will:
- Explain what harmful practices are the forms they take
- Highlight ways to identify harmful practices and those at risk
- Highlight how and where to find appropriate help and support
- Explain the complexity of cultural issues and promote understanding
- Highlight problems in different communities
- Provide deeper cultural understanding
- Outline pathways to help
- Widen understanding of UK legislation around harmful practices
- Build confidence in speaking out and challenging issues
For further information or to commission training please contact us here