Confidentiality At Savera UK
Savera UK takes great care to safeguard personal data provided by our supporters and to process this data fairly and lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which came into force at the end of May 2018.
This policy explains, on a service by service basis, when and why we collect personal information about you, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, how we keep it safe and secure and your rights and choices in relation to your information.
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to [email protected].
Who are we?
In this policy ‘Savera UK’, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means:
SAVERA UK, Registered Charity No. 1145564. Company No. 7564891, Savera UK, LCVS, 151 Dale Street, Liverpool, L2 2AH.
Savera UK is a registered charity, working to safeguard those at risk from horrific incidents of domestic abuse and harmful practices within Black and Minority Ethnic communities. Savera UK raise awareness among professionals and practitioners and has made an outstanding contribution to protecting some of the most vulnerable and marginalised individuals in our local communities.
Our Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is important to Savera UK. We will look after any personal information you share with us. Savera UK wants everyone who supports us, or seeks our support, to feel safe, comfortable and confident about any information they share with us.
Additionally to this Privacy notice, we have the following separate polices in place: Confidentiality Policy, Record Keeping Policy and Access to Record Policy. Please contact us through [email protected]uk.co.uk if you would like a copy of either of these.
We will endeavour to use any information we gather to help us communicate in the best way with you.
We strive to make it easy for you to tell us how you would like to be contacted, and we will aim to respect your wishes within two weeks. You can change your preferences at any time by emailing [email protected].
We will keep you up to date with our plans, campaigns, activities and appeals, (if you tell us it is ok for us to contact you).
We will never release or share or sell your information to anyone outside Savera UK unless there is a genuine safeguarding concern regarding yours or someone else’s safety (see Confidentiality Policy).
We will keep our records accurate and up to date, and do not keep them longer than necessary.
We will not put undue pressure on you to support us. If we get things wrong, we will take on board your feedback for future communications. You can report this by emailing [email protected].
We will always provide an easy way for you to contact us. You can email [email protected] with any questions and we will respond as soon as we can.
Our Privacy Principles
Savera UK is committed to providing confidential services. Our principles are integrated across all aspects of the organisation.
1. When will we collect your personal information?
We may collect your personal information when you contact Savera UK, for example: if you enquire about our activities, register to receive our information, engage in our services or make a donation. This may be when you email or call us, through our website, talk to us at an event, or contact us via post.
2. What information do we collect?
• The personal information we collect could include details such as name, birthday or age, postal address, email and telephone numbers via our embedded forms. This information will not be stored online but will go straight to our secure email inbox which is managed by CJSM. For more information on their privacy, please follow this link: http://cjsm.justice.gov.uk/privacy_policy.html
• We take the security of your information very seriously.
• We will never give, rent or sell your information to other organisations for their marketing purposes.
• If required to do so by any applicable law, Savera UK may need to disclose some or all your personal information depending on the level to which we are legally required to comply.
• There are times when we may make your information available to third parties who are acting on your behalf, in order for us fulfil your communications preferences. To protect this information, we ensure we have third party agreements in place as well as a robust procurement process. Our suppliers cannot use your information except for the agreed piece of work commissioned by Savera UK.
1. Where there is a serious risk of harm to any child or vulnerable adult or
2. Where ordered to by the Court or
3. Where required to do so under the Prevention of Terrorism Act 1989
How to update or access your personal information?
Savera UK is dedicated to providing a confidential service and we are committed to ensuring privacy.
We will never communicate, mediate or engage with any family relatives, extended family or the community.
Your safety is paramount to Savera UK and so there may be occasions when confidentiality is broken if we feel you could be at risk to yourself or others.