There are many reasons why you should volunteer with Savera UK:
- Help tackle HBA and harmful practices, including forced marriage and female genital mutilation (FGM), and make a real difference to the lives of those affected or at risk
- Work within a leading UK charity tackling culturally-specific abuse, alongside our specialist support team
- Be recognised for the skills, knowledge and experience you bring to support the growth and development of Savera UK
- Learn and gain new skills that could help your career and personal development
- Be part of a committed, passionate and inclusive team working towards positive change in the community and wider society
- Play a key role in Savera UK’s mission to eradicate harmful practices by speaking out
Skills gained from volunteering:
- Experience of the third sector
- Problem solving and adaptability
- Communication skills
- Time management and organisation
- Work ethic
- Understanding of ‘honour’-based abuse and harmful practices
If you are interested in volunteering with Savera UK, please complete our Volunteer Application Form.
Once we have received your online application, we will be in touch to arrange an informal chat. This allows us to get to know each other and helps ensure that we find the right fit for our future volunteers!
If you have any questions or you would like to share some ideas of how you could help, please email [email protected]
Unfortunately we are unable to offer visas for non-UK based volunteers. Due to the volume of requests we receive of this nature we are unable to respond individually to any request for a visa for non-UK based volunteers.
*Please note that certain applicants may be required to submit to a Disclosure and Barring Service check if the volunteer position they have applied for involves working directly with our clients.