Work For Us
Savera UK are recruiting! See below all opportunities to join the Savera UK team.
Senior Community Support Worker (Female Only)
Salary: £25,799 per annum.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday 9am- 5pm.
Contract: Fixed term for 12 months (subject to funding)
Reports to: Service Development Manager
Location: Liverpool based, working across Merseyside & Cheshire
Closing date for applications is: Thursday 11th June 2020 at 5pm
Interviews to take place: Friday 19th June 2020
The post holder will have the overall responsibilities to coordinate the work of the 1-1 support service and supporting staff to provide and deliver a holistic support for those referred to the service as result of ‘honour’-based abuse and harmful practices. The post holder will develop and create opportunities of engagement for all individuals and families supported by Savera UK.
Interventions will be developed in such a way as to promote culturally sensitive and appropriate support. The post holder will be promoting independence and improve self-esteem by empowering clients to identify their yet unmet needs.
- To be responsible for coordinating all 1-1 support of referrals into the service because of ‘honour’-based abuse and harmful practices or other culturally specific harm or abuse.
- To provide holistic support that is appropriate and have a full understanding of what is meant by culturally sensitive support
- To prioritise the caseload of clients on a daily basis and delegate work amongst the Community Support Workers in the team.
- To provide support and development including supervision and appraisal for all the staff providing the 1-1 support.
- To work with your line manger to create and develop the 1-1 support service.
- To liaise with the service to ensure joint work and development to improve service delivery and support to our clients.
- Develop and create ways of engagement and support to improve professional and community links while promoting the 1-1 support service across the areas that Savera UK cover.
- To work and keep line management informed of urgent issues arising that may require management intervention (e.g. child protection issues / changes in risk, professional challenges) and any cultural challenges needed to be communicated to offer advice and support.
- To oversee all and keep accurate records on admissions and referrals and any other information necessary.
- Record the daily activities as required via Savera UK OASIS system and other monitoring systems.
- To oversee and coordinate the helpline and record all calls and advice given to for monitoring purposes.
- Evidence the ability to provide appropriate support whilst encouraging independence.
- Work to the Supporting People framework and guidelines.
- To provide 1-1 emotional support and help with client resettlement where required.
- To assist clients to identify their needs and address their unmet needs and access related services.
- To attend MARAC (Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conference) and any other safeguarding meetings.
- To support clients and accompany them if required to relevant appointments.
- To advise on appropriateness of other services i.e. cultural acceptability
- To provide appropriate interventions depending on client needs and be flexible to changing demands.
- To acquire a knowledge base of local and national services and their facilities to develop a resource within the service and to the clients you are working with.
- To be sensitive to people’s own cultural, religious, personal circumstances and values at all times, and maintain confidentiality.
- To offer practical and emotional support and assistance where and when required.
- To report weekly and have regular supervision with your line manager
- To be aware of one’s own limits and to seek supervision and advice accordingly.
- To collect data for evaluation as required.
- Have a flexible approach in working outside of normal working hours where necessary and to comply with Savera UK’s independent working policy and all policies.
- Providing training/learning opportunities to agencies, professionals and the community on the services provided by Savera UK.
- To maintain and advance the public profile of Savera UK.
- Utilise a comprehensive range of available options to ensure that those referred into the service are provided with mutually agreed and personally tailored practical assistance, information and emotional support that aims to maximise opportunities and improve the experience or circumstances of the individuals.
To apply, download the Application and Equal Opportunities & Monitoring forms. Please complete them and return to Shauna: [email protected] Please use the Job Description/Personal Specification document to support your application.