Savera UK are recruiting specialist volunteers!
Savera UK has now established its volunteer programme and is looking to provide opportunities for those interested in enriching their knowledge, skill and experiences in domestic abuse and harmful practices with BME communities.
What would the role be?
There are different roles within the Savera UK volunteering programme including Peer Support, Casework, Childcare, outreach and other opportunities that you may want to offer.
Initial Volunteer induction to Savera UK and the different roles
We will hold an initial information session to provide you with information about Savera UK as an organisation, the work it delivers and the differing opportunities of the volunteering programme within the organisation: you can attend this either before you apply or after you apply. This will give you the opportunity to find out and consider the opportunity and commitment.
What is the time commitment?
- Attending an initial volunteer induction to be informed of all the information and the requirements for the different roles and volunteers.
- For those who agree to become a volunteer with us: will require to attend the two evening training sessions.
- Each role would have a different time commitment and this would be covered under each role.
- Savera UK Volunteer Policy requires all volunteers to sign up to a period of:
- Six months to outreach and Peer support
- 12 months to Casework and Childcare support
What support and opportunities would be on offer?
- Induction and training programme around domestic abuse and harmful practice with BME communities and the wider issues of violence against women and girls
- Working within a specialist service
- Regular support and supervision
- Travel expenses
- Access to other relevant training provided within or outside Savera UK
- Opportunities to develop new skills and knowledge
- Make a difference in the community
If you would like to apply then please download the documents below and return your completed along with a recent copy of CV and relevant references to email@example.com or call 0151 709 6588 for more information.