Support Worker (Female Only)
Contract: Part-time, fixed term contract starting May/June 2018
NJC Scale: £22,937 pro-rata
Hours: 3 fixed days per week (22.5 hours)
Reports to: Service Development Manager
Location: Liverpool based, working across Merseyside & Cheshire
Closing Date: Friday 4th May 2018, 12pm
The post holder will work as part of Savera UK’s team, they will be Liverpool based, but will be required to work across the Merseyside and Cheshire areas. The Support Worker will work with BME individuals/families that have been referred to the service as a result of domestic abuse and provide the holistic support necessary. Interventions will be developed in such a way as to promote culturally sensitive and appropriate support as well as promoting independence and improve self-esteem by empowering clients to identify their as yet unmet needs.
- To provide one-to-one support while the client is seeking support from Savera UK and support with resettlement where required
- To manage and prioritise caseload of clients
- To assist client to identify needs and address their unmet needs and access related services
- To support client and accompany them if required to relevant appointments
- To advise on appropriateness of services i.e. cultural acceptability
- To provide appropriate interventions depending on client needs, and be flexible to changing demands
- To acquire a knowledge base of local and national services and facilities and act as resource within the service and to the clients you are working with
- To be sensitive to people’s own cultural, religious and personal circumstances and values at all times, and maintain confidentiality as appropriate
- To offer practical and emotional support and offer advice and assistance where and when required
- To report and have regular supervision with the Service Development Manager
- To be aware of one’s own limits and to seek supervision and advice accordingly
- To identify training needs in conjunction with the Service Development Manager
- To upkeep the service record system and collect data for evaluation as required
- To formulate all necessary reports to update management
- Providing training/learning opportunities to agencies, professionals and the community on the role of Savera UK
- To maintain and advance the public profile of Savera UK
- To attend MARAC (Multi-agency Risk Assessment Conference)
* Applicants must hold a valid UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Health & Safety:
Good understanding of relevant policies in relation to Health & Safety at work and other relevant policies for the organisation including insurance policies.
- To undertake any training as identified and approved by the Service Development Manager
- To participate in staff meetings and any other appropriate meetings identified by the Service Development Manager
- To carry out any other duties as required by the Service Development Manager and the Board of Directors
The details contained in this job description reflect the content of this job at the date of preparation. It is however possible that over time the nature of the job will change. Consequently the Savera UK Board/Trustee will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time.
How to apply:
Please download and complete the Application Form and Equal Opportunities form below and return to us via email email@example.com or by post Savera UK, 151 Dale Street, Liverpool, L2 2AH by the closing date, Friday 4th May (midday), interviews will take place the following week.
**Please note we do not accept CV applications.**